Mazda MX-5 Miata FAQ
13 December, 2009
The Miata underwent a major redesign for the 2006 model
2006 MX-5 Trim Lines and Packages
- 5-Speed gearbox; no LSD
- 16-inch 5-spoke alloys
- ABS and Side Impact Airbags standard
- Power windows standard
- No Air Conditioning, power door locks, or cruise control
- 4-speaker sound system with NO wiring for rear speaker install
- Adds Air Conditioning
- Leather wrapped steering wheel added
- Wiring included for rear speaker install
- Eight color choices
- Adds fog lights and cruise control with steering wheel audio and
- Adds power door locks with remote keyless entry
- Adds covered driver and passenger side storage bins and tunnel-side
- 6-Speed Automatic now available as option
- 17-inch alloys with 6-speed gearbox standard
- Leather-wrapped shift knob added
- Front tower bar standard
- Run flat tires now optional
- Suspension package optional (specific package contents below)
- Adds leather seats and cloth soft-top
- Bose premium 7-speaker sound system standard
- Silver trim added
- Premium Package now available (specific package contents below)
- Unique Velocity Red paint
- Unique chrome and aluminium trim in and outside the car
- Unique 17-inch alloy wheels
- 6-speed gearbox standard
- Sport suspension package standard
- Bose sound system standard
- DSC, HID headlights, Advanced Keyless Entry and Go, and anti-theft
system not available
- Bilstein shocks with softer calibration
- Thicker rear sway bar
|Premium Package 1 (only available in GT
- Advanced Keyless Entry and Go
- HID headlights
- DSC with TCS
- Anti-theft alarm system
What's the best method to access the back of, or remove,
the NC radio from the console?
This link will take to you a site with detailed instructions and pictures.
Its an NC forum favorite.
How come many new NCs get delivered with excessive
tire pressure; what is the correct pressure?
It is believed that Mazda over inflates the tires so they do not develop flat
spots during the long shipping period from Japan. Likewise, dealers leave them
over inflated because they may sit on the dealers lot for a long time.
Dealers often forget to release the excess pressure when delivering
the car. The correct pressure is 29PSI.
What is the easiest method for installing sway bars on
See our garage article for NC R&R instructions.
What is the difference between an NC and an NC2?
There is no such thing as an "NC2". NC refers to the VIN prefix of the third generation MX-5 Miata. It has not changed. Some people choose to refer to the mid project cycle face lift that began with the 2009 model as an NC2, but that is not official in any way and is not acknowledged by Miata.net.