- Classic Red
- Brilliant Black
- Montego Blue Mica
- Marina Green Mica (M Edition only)
- Twilight Blue (Limited Edition only)
- Power Steering Package: Power-assisted steering and wheel trim rings.
- (New) Touring Package: Power steering, leather-wrapped steering
wheel, power windows, power mirrors, aluminum alloy wheels with locks and
door map pockets.
- Popular Equipment Package: Touring Package items, plus Torsen
limited-slip (manual transmission only), rear subframe brace rods,
headrest speakers, cruise control and power antenna.
- Leather Package: Popular Equipment Package items, plus tan interior with leather
seating surfaces and tan vinyl top.
- R Package: Sport suspension with Bilstein
shock absorbers, rear spoiler, front air dam, rear skirt, alloy wheels with
locks, Torsen limited slip differential and rear subframe bracerod
(not available with automatic, Montego Blue Mica or other option packages).
- Removeable hardtop with defroster.
- Automatic transmission with lockup torque converter and Hold mode.
- Anit-lock brakes.
- Mazda Premium Sound System with compact disc player.
- M Edition (Marina Green Mica only)
- This special Miata includes Marina Green Mica paint,15 inch polished 6-spoke alloy
wheels with P195/50r15 high performance tires, tan interior and tan vinyl top,
Nardi wood shift knob, wood parking brake handle, air conditioning, Torsen limited-slip differntial
Mazda Premium Sound System with CD player and
headrest speakers, M Edition exterior badges, doorsill plates,
floor mats and M Edition logo on seatbacks and tachometer. This
car also comes with the M Edition gift set which includes a pen,
key fob and lapel pin. Other options include a removeable hardtop, automatic
transmission and anti-lock brakes. This M Edition was only produced for4 months with a
total production of around 3,000 cars for the US.
- STO Limited Edition (Twilight Blue only)
- The "Special Touring Option", which was nicked name "Still The One " by enthusiast, includes Twilight Blue paint, the Leather
plus 15 inch Enkei alloy wheels, stainless steel scuff plates, CD player,
rear lip-type spoiler and a Nardi shift knob. This car also comes with
special STO badging on the interior and floormats. Other options include
a removeable hardtop, automatic transmission and anti-lock brakes.
The STO Limited Edition was only produced between May and July of '97 with only 1500 numbered units having been built.
- The following items were (New) for the '97 Miata:
- Door panel changed on all packages to now include a padded area
near the driver's and passenger's shoulder area.
- The following items were changed or discontinued for '97:
- In-dash cigarette lighter becomes dealer option. All Miatas now come
with a plastic plug to fill the power port.
- The '97 Miatas are the only year, prior to the new body style,
that have door pannels with a padded area on the upper rear of the panel.
NA [1990 |
NB [1999 | 2000 |
2004 | 2005]
NC [2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010]