- Classic Red
- Brilliant Black
- Highlight Silver Metalic
- Twilight Blue Mica
- Emerald Mica
- Sapphire Blue Mica (10th Anniversary Edition only)
- Power Steering Package: Variable-assist power steering and wheel trim rings.
- Touring Package: Variable-assist power steering, 3-spoke Nardi leather-wrapped steering wheel, 14-inch aluminum alloy wheels and power door mirrors.
- Popular Equipment Package: Touring package items plus cruise control, Torsen limited-slip differential, power antenna, windblocker and power door locks.
- Leather Package: Popular equipment package items plus tan leather-trimmed upholstery, tan vinyl top 15-inch aluminum alloy wheels and BOSE audio system. All leather package Miatas with automatic transmissions come with ABS.
- Sports Package (manual tranmission only): Sports suspension with Bilstein shock absorbers, rear spoiler, front air dam, 15-inch aluminum alloy wheels, Torsen-limited-slip differential, strut tower brace bar and 3-spoke Nardi leather wrapped steering wheel.
- Appearance Package 1: Front air dam, side sills and rear mud guards.
- Appearance Package 2: Appearance package 1 items plus fog lights and rear deck-lid spoiler.
- Removeable hardtop with rear glass window defogger
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
- Bose audio
- 4-speed automatic transmission with overdrive
- 10th Anniversary Edition (nicknamed the "10AM")
- This special Miata includes Sapphire Blue Mica paint, 15 inch polished 5-spoke alloy wheels with 195/50R15 radial tires, appearance package items plus two tone black/blue NARDI 3 spoke leather-wraped steering wheel and shifter, blue shift lever boot, carpet, convertible top and boot cover. This car also comes with a 6 speed transmission, BOSE audio system, bright gauge rings, carbon grained center console panel and stainless steel scuff plates. Unique to this editon is the 10th Anniversary floor mats, key and gift set. This edition was the first to be available in multiple countries at one time. Of the total 7500 sequentially numbered 10AMs, the US and Canada got 3,150, Japan 500, Europe 3700 and the rest were distributed through out Asia.
- While the entire car was redisigned for '99 here is a highlight of some of the changes:
- Horsepower increased to 140 from 133
- Torque up to 140 from 133
- Fixed headlights
- BOSE audio system, 200 watts - 4 speakers and amplifier
- VIC System (Variable Intake Control) for engine air intake
- Variable-assist power steering
- Reverse lock-out for reverse gear
- 3-spoke Nardi leather wrapped steering wheel
- Trunk light is two seperate light units
- Passenger airbag on-off switch
- Factory door-sill protectors
- Glass rear window with auto shut-off if top is lowered
- Rear plate light doubles as trunk light
- Seatbelts on Leather Packge now in black
- Radio antena moved to driver's side
- Headrest speakers
- Hardtop attachment bolts no longer standard item
- Automatic transmission no longer has code hold feature
- '99s are the only M2 body style that came with options like the steel wheels, four-spoke steering wheel and a fixed antenna (non-power) from the factory. All those items were discontinued for 2000.
- Still investigating more visual cues on the 2000 model so check back!
NA [1990 |
NB [1999 | 2000 |
2004 | 2005]
NC [2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010]